Friday 16 August 2013

Contemporary art in Saigon

Last night I spoke at a Pecha Kucha event at the Ly Club near the Reunification Palace. It. was quite a swanky event in the garden of a large villa. 

The garden was furnished with modern white furniture and automatically adjusting cantilevered sun shades. My platform was sheet glass laid over an uplit pool. I had better make a good job of this presentation!

My subject was '10 good reasons to buy contemporary art in Vietnam today'


Bui Quang Anh - Tu Do Gallery
According to the Pecha Kucha format each speaker has 20 PowerPoint slides and each slide is shown for 20 seconds. So, I have just over  six and a half minutes to state my case.


Eamonn O'Callaghan - Vin Gallery
The images for my slides were taken from gallery websites of current, recent or upcoming exhibitions in Siagon and, by popular request, here are the details of the artists and galleries.








Do Thi Kim Doan - Lac Hong Gallery


Dang Xuan Hoa - Apricot Gallery


Ignacio De Grado - Vin Gallery




Bui Suoi Hoa - Vin Gallery
Doan Chi Hieu - Vin Gallery
Sandrine Llouquet - Gallery Quynh
Nguyen Thi Ngoc Lan - Vin Gallery




Do Hoang Toang - Gallery Qyunh


Ha Man Thang - Gallery Qyunh
Le Hoang Bich Phuong - San Art

Phuong My with San Art


Bui Tam Thanh - Craig Thomas Gallery

Do Hoang Tuong - Gallery Qyunh


Nguyen The Hung - Craig Thomas Gallery
If you find some work you like, you should subscribe to the gallery's newsletter if they have one. Vin Gallery and Gallery Qyunh certainly do.






No comments:

Post a Comment