Friday 1 November 2013

Typhoon Alley

Here we go again. Typhoon Krosa is due to arrive in Hoi An some time on Sunday night. This forecast chart predicts 39-73mph winds which is somewhat less than the previous typhoon on October 15th (below)


Typhoon Nari came thundering through at 95 mph and caused untold damage and many deaths. Electricity was cut for 60 hours and there was no water supply either.


Nari damage in Da Nang (15 miles away)
People in Hoi An did an amazing job of trimming trees, clearing streets of debris, soil and sand and opening their businesses after the flood. The Vietnamese work tirelessly to put everything back in place after each of these massive natural disasters. 

I only heard about the last one (Nari) from the comfortable distance of Singapore but I will be watching the arrival of Krosa hour by hour if I can. I wish I could go out to the beach to see it coming but I guess that's not a very safe thing to do!

I will let you know!




No comments:

Post a Comment