Friday 14 September 2012

Java java java





I have a new addiction. 

Have you ever wondered what condensed mild was invented for? When we were growing up, there were always tins of Nestles condensed milk in the cupboard and my mother used to spoon it straight from the can and lick it from the spoon. I would sneak a taste myself when no-one was looking and although it was delicious, it was soooooooooo sweet it almost burned at the back of my throat a bit like sherbert can.

Well, after a lifetime's wait I have now discovered that it was invented as the perfect accompaniment to Vietnamese coffee ............ spelt Ca Phe of course! 

Last week, Vincent taught me the dark art of brewing and mixing the perfect glass of iced coffee and I can honestly say that I have never tasted such delicious coffee before. Watch the video to find out what a Phinn filter is and go to http://www.trung-nguyen-online.com/index.html  

And, on the subject of Ca Phe; where do you go with your work mates to have lunch or maybe a ca phe?.................. a can tin of course!

2 comments:

  1. Takes me back to breakfasts on the beach in Koh Chang - as you say B, v strong coffee with v sweet condensed milk - fab! And can't wait to try the iced coffee version xx

    ReplyDelete