Thursday 4 October 2012

Biker babe

It's never too late to become a biker. I shied away from the nifty fifties and the naughty nineties, and anything bigger just frightens me a little. I have gone for the Asama, eco-friendly, silent, electric bicycle.  I have no idea what the top speed is - there's no speedo but it does have a battery meter, a big headlight, 45 kilometre range, a practical basket on the front and room for a passenger on the back.

Jo came with me to buy it from the dealership in the centre of the city and instantly, I became one of the roaring hoards of bikers on the streets of Saigon. It's not nearly as bad as it looks. You just have to keep looking forward and go when it's your turn or when you can fight your way through!  

I also have all the necessary accessories; a helmet with visor, a full length cape for rain storms and two face masks to protect my face from the muck and save my lungs from the fumes!  Today, I was able to follow Jo back home through the traffic. Tomorrow, I will be on my own on my first journey to college! It's brilliant! 

Look out Vietnam, I'm mobile now!





1 comment: